- Before you get started, find a comfortable spot where you can sit quietly with your Savior. Spend a few minutes in silence. Ask God to meet you there in the quietness of this moment and to speak His heart to you as you sit with Him.
- Have a journal and pen/pencil ready to jot down any thoughts that come to you during this experience.
- Take a moment now to read through the following Scripture passage slowly. You may want to read it out loud.
As Jesus continued on toward Jerusalem, he reached the border of Galilee and Samaria. As he entered a village there, ten lepers stood at a distance, crying out, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!"
He looked at them and said, "Go show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were healed of their leprosy.
One of them, when he saw that he was healed, came back to Jesus, shouting, "Praise God!" He fell on his face at Jesus' feet, thanking him for what he had done. This man was a Samaritan.
Jesus asked, "Didn't I heal ten men? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?"
Luke 17:11-18 NLT
- Read it again. This time slow down and listen for God's Spirit tugging at your heart. Are there any phrases that seem to jump off the page? Jot those down.
- Go back and read the passage one more time. This time pay attention to any words that seem to stand out to you. Take some time to sit with those words and phrases from above. Pull out your journal and write down anything that is moving in your spirit.
- Take some time now to dialogue with the Savior about these things. You may want to journal this too. I like to write out what I feel God is speaking into me in a prayer.
- Close your journal and your eyes and take some time to sit quietly with God and the things He has laid on your heart.
- As your time together comes to a close, spend some time thanking Him for meeting you here today. Then turn to meet the rest of your day knowing how much you are loved.